| || |
In this remarkable collection, Walker turns a critical eye towards:
• Religion as big business
• Religion's effects on children
• The Bible as a "moral guide" and "history"
• Biblical infallibility
• The doctrine of "original sin"
• The biblical attitude towards sexuality
• God as "Father"
• Church doctrine regarding women
• Church history vis-à-vis the Dark Ages, Inquisition, and book- and witch-burning
• Christian afterlife traditions
• Traditional Christian origins
• And much more…
Barbara G. Walker is also the author of The Woman's Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred Objects, The Crone, Feminist Fairy Tales, The Book of Sacred Stones, and other fine works such as The Barbara Walker Tarot Deck.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.